Tuesday, May 03, 2011

On The Road Again, Again!

Monday, May 2nd - - After 12 days back home in Indiana, I'm on the move, heading west. I traveled 350 miles today, through Indiana and most of Illinois, and not even one of those miles was on the Interstates!

I think we only had two days of sunshine the entire time I was home, and today was more of the same cloudy, overcast skies. It was raining when I left Columbia City but it quit shortly thereafter. My stopping place for the night was Argyle Lake State Park, about 15 miles southwest of Macomb off of US Route 136 in western Illinois. It was late afternoon, and as so often happens at that time of day, the clouds began to move off and the sun finally made a most-welcome appearance.

After a quick bite to eat, I went for a short walk – on the paved, level road through the campground then down to the lake. Just taking it easy but getting a little exercise to get the old legs moving again. And trying not to do whatever it was that I did before to cause the pain!


Lots of these pretty blue wild-flowers were near the edge of the woods alongside the campground. Each flower in the cluster was about an inch in diameter.



I opted to not attempt these stairs leading down to the lake – they didn't look very sturdy and they were much steeper than they appear.


There was no clear view of the setting sun, which was blocked by the forest on the other side of the meadow.


As the sun set further, the sky filled with color.


A very nice ending, to my first day on the road again, again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that setting sun makes it look like the woods are on fire. Beautiful :). Enjoy your journey - see you in South Dakota. Babs