Sunday, June 21, 2009

She had a tight grip...

According to the caption written by my grandmother, this photo of my grandfather and his first born child was taken in August 1923. That would make the little girl, my Aunt Phyllis, about 10 months old. She sure had a tight grip! I doubt that the bucket had any water in it, but still, I'm impressed.

Even though you can't see their faces, they are recognizable to me. This being Father's Day, I thought it was an appropriate picture. Grandpa's birthday was always celebrated on Father's Day, he was born on June 19th a hundred and sixteen years ago.

2 comments:

Delia Furrer said...

That is such a cute picture! I like her little shoes and his hat. Thanks for sharing.

Caroline said...

She definitely had a tight grip! What a wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing.

Caroline