Saturday, June 20, 2009

Changes are Coming :: The First Step

This, a 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier with 148,200 miles on it, has been replaced.

With this.

A 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with 31,000 miles on it. I wasn't overly thrilled with the color (or lack thereof), but I can live with it ;-)

Now, why would ol' penny pincher me exchange a little fuel efficient Cavalier, which got 30 miles to the gallon, with a vehicle that will get 8-10 miles per gallon less? Oh! There's a reason. But I'm not telling just yet. For now I'll just say that an extended road trip is in the works. . . it's something that I have been wanting to do for a very long time, and that time has finally come! And the first step has been taken...

The little Cavalier has served me well for nearly 10 years. It was a good little car, and I think that my brother and his wife (who are now its owner) will get lots more use out of it. I'm sure it has a few more miles left. I can only hope that the Caravan will be as reliable and dependable as the Cavalier was.

2 comments:

TERRY SNYDER said...

Whoa there girl! I can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve. (Does this have anything to do with your "if I had a million dollars" post?) In any case, it sounds exciting, and I can't wait for you to share the details.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Can't wait to see where you're headed! I hope you're taking the rest of us along with you ;-)