Monday, January 12, 2009

kinexxions is two!

Two years ago today, I wrote my first blog post, which was no masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a beginning. So, now, can I say I'm one of the Old Timers?

It was while lurking on the blogs of those Old Timers, and being inspired by them, that I decided that, hey, I could do that too! And I'm so glad that I did. It's been fun, educational, challenging, and immensely satisfying. For me, one of the best parts of blogging has been making connections, not only with extended family, but with other bloggers and readers. There is a definite sense of community, a sense of belonging to something good, that cannot be surpassed.

In September, as part of the Genea-Blogger Games, I wrote a summary of what kinexxions is all about and just a few days ago reviewed my "best" or favorite posts of last year, so I'm not going to include another list of "favorite" posts here.

Thank you everyone for reading kinexxions, for leaving your comments, for providing help and moral support when needed, for the inspiration, and for the great research tips! It's been an interesting two year journey. It's not over. Hopefully the best is yet to come!

18 comments:

Joe said...

Congratulations, Becky! Yes you can join us "old timers" now, but I prefer to think of us as "young bloggers" :)

Sheri Fenley said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY DEAR BECKYYYY, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU!

Terry Thornton said...

Congratulations Becky! In my mind you've always been one of the old timers --- you were online and already established when I posted my first blog in April 07 --- and I'll never forget the warmth and welcoming support you old timers gave me! Thank you for your work and wonderful articles --- and may this just be the start of kinexxions!

Regards,
Terry Thornton

Kathryn Doyle said...

Becky,

Brava to you and kinnexions! I've enjoyed reading your posts and getting to know you through your writing. And it's nice to be Facebook friends!

Anonymous said...

Happy another silly blog tool

Miriam Robbins said...

Happy Blogoversary! And many more...!

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Happy Blogiversary! I enjoy reading your blog very much.

Donna

TERRY SNYDER said...

Congratulations, Becky! Here's hoping for many more!!!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Happy Blogiversary Becky!

Bill West said...

Happy Blogiversary, Becky. I always
think of you as old timer because
you were already online when I started my blog two weeks later!

Bill

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

Congratulations Becky,
I agree with the others, your blog is terrific. I have shared your laughs, been in awe of some of your discoveries, but, most of all been inspired to continue blogging because of great bloggers like yourself! Happy blogaversary friend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2 years. I enjoy your blog and look forward to many more years.

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Way to go! I read just about all of your posts and it's hard to believe you are just turning two now!...Happy blogoversary and many more to come.

Tim

Steve Danko said...

Congratulations, Becky! I look forward to reading your blog for a long time to come!

Jasia said...

It seems like I'm always running behind these days but I didn't want to miss out on this opportunity to congratulate you on 2 years of terrific writing! I look forward to your blog posts, knowing they will be both educational and an entertaining read. Thanks for all your support and participation in the COG. You are a highly valued member of the Genea-Blogger group and I personally consider you my friend as well. Happy 2!

SueFitz said...

Sorry I missed it - but a belated anniversary. It's always nice celebrate a milestone.

Becky Wiseman said...

Thank you, everyone! Your good wishes are appreciated.

Julie said...

Congrats, cousin Becky!