Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Hover Children :: All Dressed Up



The Hover Children. Probably about 1886-1887.
Edith was born in 1873, Bessie in 1883, and Charles in 1882.



Their relationship to me is Half 1st Cousin Twice Removed. They are the children of William Henry "Hank" Hover and his first wife Elizabeth Biltz. Hank was one of six children born to George and Rachel (Van Curen) Hover. George passed away in 1855 and Rachel married William Alexander in 1859. William and Rachel are my great-great grandparents.

Contributed to "Smile For The Camera :: Crowning Glory"

3 comments:

footnoteMaven said...

Oh Becky - what a fantastic photograph. I love it!

fM

Brett Payne said...

That certainly is a wonderful photograph, Becky - thanks for sharing it. Am I right in thinking that they were a fairly well-to-do family? I haven't seen many clothes in those styles from that era - that's why I ask.

Regards, Brett

Becky Wiseman said...

Brett - If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say you were probably right. But I can't say for sure since I haven't done hardly any research on this particular branch of the family.